Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

Bac Bay Social Club in Boston

    First and foremost  want to extend my congratulations to my friend Ty for surviving his bachelor party in Boston! We had a blast! So...during a night of extreme bar hopping in the Harvard Square area of Boston (I think that's where we were...it's a little fuzzy) we happened upon a reallu cool bar. The Back Bay Social Club. Let's start with the service. I couldn't hear the bartender's name but the dude rocked. Quick and prompt with the drinks, didn't skip a beat when I threw out a food order, and even found time to talk to a drunk guy (me) about food. He even suggested I come back Sunday for their brunch, something a lot of bartenders would "forget" to suggest. My bar snack was their Charcuterrie Board which consisted of an arrangement of cured meats, a slice of terrine, chicken liver pate, and some quick pickles. The food was really good. I'll start with my favorite part, the chicken liver pate....dude...rich and creamy with a very smooth consistency. It had that great livery flavor that I love without any graininess that sometimes accompanies liver. Absolutely well done! Next up were the pickles, I ate these as a palette cleanser between items. They to were awesome, tiny little cucumbers and pearl onion pickles, simply delicious. The terrine ( I believe it was pork) and a really clean flavor but I thought it could have really used a bit of salt. The plate ended with two types of cured meats. The prosciutto was, well good prosciutto. Then there was an American pork belly done in the style of ham. The fat tasted beautiful but again I thought it could have used a bit of salt. All in all the place is just freaking cool! Great bar atmosphere with some kick ass grub that isn't your regular bar fare. Check it out if you get the chance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment