Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Breakfast in Boston

    It's an American institution...the diner and the diner experience. More specifically greek diners are known for diverse menus and all around tasty treats. Zoe's delivers this with a retro feel that just seems right. Located at 1105 Massachusetts Av. in Cambridge, Zoe's had everything I was looking for in a neighborhood diner. A vast menu serving both breakfast and dinner items, it was actually a little daunting trying to decide between their delicious assortment of omelets or one of 5 variations of Reuben sandwiches. The food is delicious, well prepared, and quick to come out of the kitchen. The food is so good that the below average service didn't seem so bad. In the defense of our server, the place was balls to the wall busy. Another sign that the joint just has great food and ambiance. A quick trip to the host area refilled our beverages and everything else was honky dory. I recommend the Wild Mushroom Omelet served with Home style Potatoes and Rye Toast. The omelet was beautifully fluffy with a nice crust and tons of mushrooms. Portions are quite large but I managed to also try the Chicken Sausage as well as Corned Beef Hash. I love corned beef hash and this one made me happy, as for the sausage...normally I am not a fan of maple syrup in my sausage but these little pieces of tubular chickeny goodness were gone before anything else on my plates. Yes I said plates... If you ever find yourself in the Harvard Square area of Boston, stop in at Zoe's and just enjoy an authentic diner experience...it is becoming a lost art in this country.

2 comments:

  1. I like the blog Carl. This truly makes me want to visit Zoe's and have tubular chickeney goodness in MY mouth!

    ReplyDelete