Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

DC Rise

    The food scene in DC has always been ecclectic. From regional favorites with rich history to the vast array of ethnic choices, there are good eats to be found all over the city and it's surrounding area. What strike me as important right now in this area is the national exposure given to this region over the past few years. Celebrity chefs such as Jose Andres have help put DC on the map as a destination for food! Local stand outs are being featured on national shows such as Top Chef and The Best Thing I Ever Ate. As a young cook it is so exciting to be able to experience flavors and presentations I would never have thought to put together. With places like Citronelle, Birch and Barley, and Cafe Atlantico's miniBar it is such an inspiration to a young cook such as myself. To see at taste flavors and presentations I never thought possible is one of the most exciting things in my life at this time!!!(yes, I know this is a little sad.) So here is to you DC, take your rightful place as one of the top food cities in America!!

No comments:

Post a Comment